Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Observations of a Grasshopper and C.A.T Training

" Ah Grasshopper"

" Yes Sensei ? "

" You have been in the Land of the Rising Sun for over 3 months. What say you of your fellow staff ? "

" Well I have Meditated long and hard over this, Master, and this is what I have come up with. "

DERRICK

A nice enough guy. Funny and interesting, but a little bit of a jobsworth at times. I guess this goes with the territory of being an AT. Sometimes I feel as if there is more too him. A part that he keeps to himself (and is rightly entitled too). Anyway, he has always been nice enough to me.

EVAN

My flatmate. I guess since Steve moved out we have become friends. As I have mentioned before there is enough respect between us, so we are not dependant on each other. Anyway, he has been a bit of a lifeline for me here. A bridge between Japan being totally alien and the hidden delights it has to offer. Top bloke.

JASON

A nice enough guy. Helpful, understanding but just a bit bland. Sometimes I think he is an okay guy, but he has this annoyingly bad habits that just release the uber-geek in him. Sometimes these are cringe worthy moments. Rarely they will be endearing. And I still think he needs to shave his goatee off.

JEN

Forward and opinionated but energetic and feisty. She has entered the NOVA enviroment like some kind of emotional dervish. In the immortal words of Han Solo " I'm either beginning to like her or I'm gonna kill her". I guess the majority of you who read this blog, know my personality so all I have to do is say that there is just enough of a difference between me and Jen to make it interesting. Talks to herself though which is wierd...

SUZETTE

Very bubbly amd very sweet. She has a less cynical approach to life than someone like me or Jen. I guess that's expected of someone who comes from Northern California and has a Portuguese background. I've never seen her less than happy, which naturally makes me suspicious (ha ha ha)...where does she get her energy from...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And this time next week I have to travel to Hiroshima for CAT training. No this doesn't mean I will be involved in Feline pursuits, teaching Japanese moggies how to speak English...mmm that would be cool though...CAT training means I will be able to decide what level new students will be. Only 50% of NOVA staff are allowed to do this and at the moment, it's only Evan and Derrick.

Should be a Purrfect day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home