Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The eye of the storm



Well, Typhoon Nabi passed through Saijo yesterday with winds of 120km per hour, and spewed more rain than I'd seen in a long time. I had to work, and some crazy people decided to come to NOVA to learn English! Luckily I finished early, leaving Jason and Jen the dubious task of riding home in high winds and lashing rain. Crikey! Even I had problems walking home and I only live 2 minutes away.

Check out this report from the BBC (it includes video footage).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4215098.stm

Sadly 16 people are missing and 4 have lost their lives. What with the devistation caused by Katrina last week, it certainly hammers home the power of nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home