Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Turning Japanese and Beer Battered Fish and Chips

Konnichi-Wa!

How has my week been ? Rather strange. I had 3 days off, in which I had the migraine from hell and couldn't leave the appartment until 3:30 despite dosing myself up on painkillers. My wisdom tooth has caused a really annoying ulcer in on the side of my mouth. I had a chat to Sam (for those who don't know, or can't remember, my friend in the UK) which was fun. I bought Jason's birthday presents from the 100 yen shop (oh, and Kelly don't worry if you don't get yours, I will try and send as soon as I can) and I travelled into Hiroshima for Japanese lessons.

I am trying to learn Hiragana (one of the Japanese character sets) and I learnt the first 10 in a day. As the textbook, me and Jason are learning Japanese from is in Hiragana, I think it would help to be able to read it.

After the lesson, me and Jason went HERE -----> http://www.mollymalones.jp/

An Irish themed bar in Hiroshima. Unbelievably Jason had never tasted the delights of Draught Guinness, but now I think he's a fan. We also ordered food, which was fantastic. I had Fish and Chips (and it was Cod! and wrapped in newspaper...check out the menu section on their web page for photos) and Jason had some wierd kind of pie.

Oh, and the toilets in this place were cool. Molly Mallones is on the fourth floor of a building and the toilets faced the street. So as you were, well you know, you could look out onto the people below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home