Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Post with no Name

Well, I didn't really know what to call it.

I scratched my head. Paced up and down the room. Had a lie down. But in the end, nothing would come to me. In fact as I write this, I don't even know what it's going to be about. Perhaps it could be called "MEANDERING POST".

Anyway, since my last post I guess I am feeling better in myself. I don't know why. I think that the arrival of the new teachers, may have upset the balance I had gotten used too. Now there is a whole new dynamic at work and with friendships. I know that this may sound dramatic, but being "isolated" in a minority means that even though you can be friends with the local people, relationships with (in this case) English speakers become more important.

I think I was feeling a bit run down anyway, having just come off a busy month, followed by an insanely busy week. The new girls turn up with all this energy, and I wondered where mine had gone. The spark I used to have. I realised that it's still there, just tempered at the moment. But I also realised that in Kid's lessons it still burns bright. Especially in my Kinder classes. I don't know what it is about those classes. Perhaps its because I am a kid at heart, but they all seem to like me. Yuutarou, a 5 year old in my morning Saturday class, made me insect cards out of an old apple juice carton. He drew all these insects on the back, and proceeded to give them to me on Saturday. Appparently "fighting insects" (toys not real ones) are massive amongst young boys, so I can now join in. My favourite is the Scorpion.

In other news....,

Jen invited me out on Saturday night for a drink, so in the end myself, herself, Suzette, Ken and Jason (Evan was still feeling tired), ended up at Karaoke. This time we went to a different place which looked like a hotel. Usually in Karaoke in Japan people sit down at sing, but no, not Jen or Suzette. Being Americans, and feisty Americans, they decided to stand, dance and sing at the back of the room. This time I sang (for John's records) -

One
Hit me Baby one more time (!!!!)
Stand by me
Help! (with Jason)
In my Place
Manic Monday (with Jen)


The girls also invited me around their appartment for a beer on Sunday. So I ended up watching a movie and drinking cold lager with Jen and Suzette, and I started thinking, do they see me as a non threat ? Like a gay friend ? Holy Crappola. Or is it 'cause I'm a Brit. British man = Gentleman. I also had a mini-row with Jen over work and Jason. It's a pretty stupid argument, since which she has apologised (good eh!), but I just felt like a scapegoat, a lamb to the slaughter for something I hadn't done or said.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that's behind us, so we can be mates.

Right I'm off, I've gotta get ready for work.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,

Please check your email.. :)
I need to remove the post I have linked to ASAP (for a number of reasons).
1) I need to repurpose the bandwidth for Manutdpodcast.com
2) Copyright violations!

Get in touch please!

Have fun
Your bro!
J
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home