Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Monday, July 25, 2005

Post Number 133

Crikey.

Thats a lot of posts. 132...with this one being the 133rd. I would just like to thank everyone who visits my site, and I hope you are enjoying what you read and sometimes see. Any comments are always gratefully recieved, as are emails (click on my profile and there should be a link to my email address - jrbinjapan@hotmail.com).

I would like to mention some of the Japanese people I have met over here in this post. Well, the ones I think deserve a mention, and that I have something interesting to write about.

Firstly there is Ken. Ken doesn't come to NOVA, but is a cleaner for the video store and shops around the branch. He was friends with Evan and Steve and now counts me among his acquaintances (I think). His English is, well, interesting. He taught himself by watching and listening to TV and Radio, so sometimes his actual use of the language can be entertaining. For example, when he sees an overweight person, he'll say "They're a bunch of meat"; or when asking for you to give him a call he says quite innocently "Give me a touch". He's a nice guy and I like him, although he does come across a bit needy at times. A good bloke though.

The staff at the branch are pretty nice. Mina, the manager is quite friendly (so far) to me, and even gave me a booklet when I told her I was going to Kyoto. Yukie, well she should be blonde. She's nice and has a good sense of humour, but isn't the brightest star in the sky. When I managed to get Jabba the Hutt (from mine and Evan's Star Wars collection) the other day, I said it was Yukie...she laughed and took it in good humour.

There are many interesting students at the branch. One is Hiroe, who is 28 and as mad as a bag of insane leprechauns. I had a man on man lesson with her once, and the topic was cooking (the aims were using sequencers - first, next etc), but she thought it was funnier and more interesting to talk about my problems with dairy products. Also she was the only student in Voice yesterday, and she wanted to talk to me about what women I liked, whats my type etc. Feeling a little uncomfortable, I think I managed to fend off her questions in a nice-ish way (you know me). She's a nice lass, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with the idea of going out with a student just yet.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yukie, well she should be blonde. She's nice and has a good sense of humour, but isn't the brightest star in the sky".

As someone who's had blonde hair I take offense at that!!
Plus, aren't you blonde?!

Cheeky comments aside I'm loving your posts. Glad you're having so much fun especially visiting the 100 yen shop and getting such a kick out of teaching.

B :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home