Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Rewards of the job and Star Wars Heads

Ah, a day off.

Although they wanted me to work today, as Beth is unwell. I would have, but I have to work tomorrow as cover for Evan and I didn't fancy working 11 days on the trot without a break.

It's not that the job is hard, but working at NOVA can be intense especially the 1:20 to 9 shift, which although no longer than my 10-5:20 shift, seems to suck a lot of energy out of me and the other instructors.

However I did "level" up a student yesterday. Firstly I will explain this process. Ok, a student is marked by us after every lesson, and if we feel they can progress to the next level we have to fill in a level up form. However this has to be ratified by another teacher in the next lesson. If this is agreed the form is given to the student who can then book a test to progress. Well, yesterday I handed a level up form to a middle aged lady called Kiyomi, and she was estatic. And it did feel pretty good.

Me and Evan have been collecting these Star Wars bottle tops that have been released to coincide with the release of Episode 3. They are pretty cool and so far we have about 21, including Jabba, R2-D2, C3P0, Jango Fett, Anakin Skywalker and bloody Jar Jar!

When I get a camera, I hope to put a photo up!

Well I am off to clean the flat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home