Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Friday, July 08, 2005

The London Bombings - Outside, Looking In

It's all over the news here too. Not that I saw the devistation and chaos on the streets of a city where I lived, worked and partied for 4 or so years on Japanese TV. No, it first caught me over the internet, as I was perusing the BBC website for information on Tottenham.

It's strange being here and as Morrisey sang once, seeing "Panic on the streets of London". To be fair I have expected this attack, or something worse in the capital for 4 years. Now it has happened and even so many people have been injured and around 40 - 50 people have sadly lost their lives, I feel that it could have been a lot worse.

No chemical agents as we were warned Al-Quada and these terrorists had.

No nuclear explosion.

Just a bombing.

It reminded me of the dark days of the IRA.

And because of this, the resolve of my home nation will shine through.

I believe that the British people are stronger in the face of these so called "terrorist" attacks than any other Western nation.

I had, however, an gut feeling, my mind working suspiciously of WHY NOW ?

Of course we have the G8 summit in Edinburgh, AND the Olympic news yesterday, but it just seems so convenient, especially when very little is actually happening at Gleneagles.

Does anyone know what is happening at the G8 ? I am getting very little news about what has been agreed over Africa and climate control, and most of this comes from the Net.

To be fair, I don't know what to think. I don't really want to make this site into a political forum, or a sounding board for such issues, as my political preferences are something I didn't want to discuss. However, yesterday's events have spurred me into writing this short rant.

PLEASE check out my brothers site! Click on the Dissident Vox link at the side of the page. This more of a political site, and although you may not agree with his views, it is always insightful, and hey, we thankfully live in a democracy.

Still....(I hope)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home