Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Monday, June 20, 2005

Tiny, Tiny, Tiny and Octopus

It never ceases to amaze me, how everything over here is so small. The people are small. The cars, or the majority of them, are like small boxes on wheels. The food comes in quaint, bite size portions. And you don't get pints.

I like the compactness of everything. Feeling hungry the other day, I decided that I'd treat myself to a Mcdonalds for lunch. Not a big Mcdonalds fan, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my portion was just the right size. The burger and bun was a good size, not the unedible monstrosities you come across in the UK. And the drink had just enough Cola in it to fill me up, but not enough to make me need the toilet for the next 2 hours.


We all went out last night. It was Steve's leaving meal and myself and Jason's Welcome meal. The food was fantastic, as I still confused, I allowed Evan and the Japanese Nova staff to order for me. I had some type of raw fish and spicy fish eggs in a salad (nicer than it sounds); the softest most heavenly pork dish I have ever tasted (me and Evan have vowed to make this ourselves at some point) ; more okonomiyaki; and Octopus tempura (very chewy and it was covered in batter so I couldn't see the suckers on the tentacles).

All in all a great evening washed down with plenty of Asahi (Japanese draft beer) and good cheer!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home