Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Thursday, June 09, 2005

"Welcome to Nova Corp."

I'm back.

After a day on Orientation and three days spent in Hiroshima doing On the Job Training (OJT), I am now and official NOVA teacher. Not that I know what this actually means until tommorrow when I start my first shift (10-5.20).

Orientation

Another chance to ride the Shinkansen all the way to Okayama! Although, Jason (the other newbie) nearly missed the train to Hiroshima. As I was standing on the platform, becoming more and more impatient ( and let me tell you, Japanese trains nearly always run on time and leave pretty promptly, so you better be there !) he strolls in, just as the train rolls in to the station.

Finding the actual Nova building for Orientation was not too hard. Okayama was more like the modern Japan I expected. 8 story buildings with flashing neon signs , like giant concrete prostitutes.

As for Orientation itself, it was pretty much what I had expected. Information, Information, Information. To be fair there were some useful points and I came away from the day feeling more a part of a company, and less of a gaijin adrift in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home