Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Little Calm before the Storm

The Japanese people seem to work ridiculously long hours. Even today, a Sunday, there seems to be no let up in their seeming unwavering commitment to their jobs, no matter how mundane or trivial. Evan's girlfriend who works at Hiroshima airport did 4 hours of overtime yesterday on single time. Not something that would be greeted favourably in the UK.

Tomorrow I have Orientation in Okayama. 11:30 until 5. Should be interesting, and at least I have another chance to travel by Nokomi Shinkansen (the fastest of the Bullet trains). Tuesday to Thursday is spent in Hiroshima where I will undertake training. A hotel has been provided, and at least Nova have paid for my travel expenses.

I don't know when I will be able to post again. I will attempt to post perhaps on Friday after Orientation and Training.

One thing I have forgotten to mention, was that during my flight out here the JAL plane was fitted with external cameras. This was far more interesting than the mundane choice of movies they had provided me with. To stare down at the vast and lonely tundra of the Siberian plains was a daunting and lonely experience. They seemed to stretch for miles and miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home