Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I-Podo No No and I like to ride my Bicycle

Day 2 in the Big Brother house...

...oh wait a minute.

Day 2 in Japan and it's been an odd 'un so far. I heard from Evan last night that Jason (another Nova newbie; this time from the good old US of A) had suffered the sort of start in Japan that I had been fortunate to avoid. Jason is staying with the Nova TA (my boss, if I'm working at the branch across the street), a young mixed race Australian called Derek. Jason was collected by (according to my flatmates "a slightly psychotic rap lovin Yank") called Erica. Evan had a text on the night of my arrival from Erica regarding myself, quering in good American influenced English, " What kind of English is he ?"

Answers on a postcard please.

So poor old Jason was stuck with this slightly crazy bint for over 3 hours, because the Nova representative had given him the wrong keys. Sadly to make matters worse for the poor chap, his luggage had ended up in Detroit.

Welcome to Japan.

As for me, my day has been spent alone, as Evan and Stephen have both had to work. It's not been too bad, as I have spent today exploring more of Saijo. I decided today that I had better head to DeoDeo (a large electronics store) to find if I could adapt both my laptop and Ipod speakers to the odd Japanese electrical circuits. Now why in God's green Earth can't all countries have the same voltage and plugs ? Is it too much to ask the world's leaders overcome this awful and crippling stigma ?

After asking the Japanese assistant for an adaptor in Japanese and continuing our conversation by computer (a very snazzy interpreter program, a bit like C3PO, although not Gold or camp) I managed to get a cable for my PC. However I was told "I-Podo No No". I offered to bring the JBL speakers in so they could see, and headed off home.

Jay, the last guy to live in this appartment has left me his bicycle, and in no time at all I was whizzing down the streets pf Saijo like Evil Kneavle...well if he had a black push bike...with a basket...and had to ride on the pavement. I flew to DeoDeo in about 10 minutes, as dark rain clouds gathered. My anticipation grew....soon Music would lighten my life again...but alas the JBL system I possess doesn't work in Japan.

BOLLOCKS.

I will have to fork out 20,000 yen (about 100 quid) if I want a set that will bloody work, so will probably send these speakers home at some point. At least I got home before the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home