Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Monday, June 27, 2005

Hectic Wednesdays, More Training and Naoko!


So, it's Sunday here in Saijo, and it's about 24 degrees. Still. The weather has been becoming progressively muggier over the last 2 days and today was no exception. Man, I don't think coming out of work for lunch has ever felt so difficult. Even the air I breathed was hot and seemed to cook me from the inside.

Wednesday last week was a tad crazy. I not only had to go an collect my Alien ID card (so I don't have to carry my passport everywhere!), but I decided to enroll for Japanese lessons. As I innocently strolled into the International Centre office, I was hustled upstairs and into the middle of a lesson. The lesson itself seemed like a cross between GCSE French and Kindergarten for Middle Eastern brats. I didn't know what to say when the extremely polite Japanese teacher explained to me, that lessons start at ten. Something I already knew.

Friday was Kids training at Okayama EkiMae (Eki Mae is Japanese for station). What followed was 7 hours of the gayest shit I have ever been through. Holding hands, wiggling and singing songs such as "Everybody's wiggling, wiggling, wiggling, just like me", made the beer afterward seem like a Godsend.

My first kids lesson was today. NOVA splits kids lessons into Chibiko (2-4), Kinder (4-6), Junior (6-9) and Senior (9-12). I had a Junior class of 3 children, two girls and a boy called Naoko, who upon meeting me, ruffled my hair and attempted to jump on my head.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am an okonomiyaki junkie. Congratulations on discovering the best dish on the planet, bar none.

From my limited experience with Japanese, Naoko sounds like a girl's name - since it ends in "ko." Did this kid's parents just not like him, or is his father the Japanese version of Johnny Cash?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home