Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

100 Yen Magic

And I thought it was going to be the equivlanet of our pound shop, where you can get some good bargains on snacks, cola and batteries but everything else is tat.

Was I wrong. This is Japan.

For those of you wondering what the hell I am wittering about, it's the genius of the 100 yen shop. Now 100 yen is actually converted into about 50 pence, so it should be called the 50p shop. I visited the shop (which is on the first floor of the Fuji Grand Mall across the street) a few weeks ago and bought some paper and envelopes, but yesterday I had a better look, and bought the following -

* 2 cushions for our new sofa (which arrived yesterday, and smells 'cos its new and fake leather)
* 2 old fashioned English Pub style pint glasses
* 2 bowl/plate-type dishes
* A CD rack
* A rain coat
* Rain Pants (for the approaching typhoon season)
* A cleaning cloth
* Polish

All this came to about 5 pounds (plus 5o pence in tax), which I thought was an absolute bargain.

It's a pretty handy shop, and 99% of the stuff is really good or useful.

I know Mum, Kelly and Bethany would love it!

1 Comments:

At 5:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When's the next flight out?
I must visit the 50p shop!!!!

Bethany
X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home