Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Alone in Saijo, Travel and Bring the Pain!

I tell you what I could get a liking for iced coffee.

I know it sounds weird, but because it's so hot over here, our traditional "hot English drinks" all come in cold equivalents. Tea (well green tea) is bottled, much the same ways a Coke is and sold from the fridges, as is black coffee, white coffee, and bizarrly, Hot Chocolate. Well, cold chocolate.

Now I picked up a medium sized bottle of cold, black Nescafe whilst I was shopping the other day, and over ice it is rather good. However I do feel like an alcoholic, sipping a dark coloured liquid from a glass at 8 in the morning. "No, it's not JD and coke", I explain to my stupid self. "I know it looks like it" I continue.

Of course, I don't actually say this out loud.

Well, Evan has left for a three day jaunt with his girlfriend, Kaori to Mount Fuji. He plans to climb it on Wednesday, so should be exciting. I have to cover one of his shifts, so I don't get Thursday off this week. It's okay, because I get a three day weekend in August. It's a bit strange having this appartment to myself. I have met a fair few people over here, but Saijo doesn't exactly kick it on the nightlife scene. God, sometimes I wish for a good old English pub with Sky sports, where I can wander off for a pint.....

I too have thought of travel. I have this three day weekend in August and considered going to Kyoto. However trying to find a place to stay is proving difficult. CRAP!

I also found out that for a week around my birthday I can get a cheap flight in Japan! I was thinking perhaps of going to Hokkaido (the island to the North). I can take 3 friends too, so I asked Evan and he was up for it, but it depends if we can organise it at work. SIGH!

We also have a Playstation 2 now. It plays DVDs too which is cool. Our favourite game at the moment is a WWE game, Smackdown v Raw. We have made "wrestlers" of people we know, and proceed to vent anger by smacking them with chairs, tables and ladders. A great family way to blow off steam.

Take care, and remember to take the rubbish out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home