Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sakaide, Tadotsu and the Saturday from Hell

So, I had to work on my days off this week for the lovely, language school beast called NOVA. The reason being was that I had to work back my shift swaps, which I have done many times before, however this time it was at different schools...

On Thursday I had to travel to Sakaide (one of the many nearby towns) and seeing as the awful Japanese summer was already in full, sweat-inducing, swing I had to somehow get to work in my only clean shirt (a grey one, so plenty of chances for sweat marks!!). Sakaide is i)A 10 minute walk to the bus stop ii) a 30 minute bus ride iii) a 10 minute train ride. Luckily is right outside the station, and my day at the school went fairly quickly.

Friday was Tadotsu, however it was pissing it down, as I've said before, Japanese summer is also rainy season (especially in June/July). This meant taking my work clothes in a plastic bag to prevent them from getting soaked. i) a 10 minute walk ii) a 30 minute bus ride iii)a 10 minute train ride and iii)a 20 minute walk!!! Tadotsu is a REALLY quite school....I'd hate it there.

Anyway it was good to meet new students and fellow instructors, but I think I prefer my own branch!!!

Saturday. Yesterday. Nightmare. Jen was sick on our busiest day, and I spent the first 4 hours in a blur of paperwork, folders, kids lessons and frustration....

I hope today is better!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home