Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas! Japanese style!


So this is Christmas...begins a well known Christmas ditty by John Lennon...and here in Japan the main thing I have to say is that its strange. The country, which is of non Christian, seems to enjoy the Capitalist money-making spectacle of it. This has left me feeling a little empty, underwhelmed and craving the familiarity of my own country.
However it's not been bad at all. In fact Shiori and her family have been absolutely outstanding. On Saturday night, Shiori made an oishi (delicious) Christmas dinner (Chicken, stuffing, roast tatters), so that bought a little bit of home to my strange Christmas.
Japanese people all go to KFC and eat chicken on Christmas day, and swap these beautiful Christmas cakes. It's not the same as the traditional, gut busting Christmas roast, but it's still chicken/turkey ish!!!
I had to work today, Christmas day...and thank God it was only 5 lessons. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all who read this blog, and best wishes for the New Year! See you in 2007!

1 Comments:

At 1:55 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey brother! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from Leicester. Just chatting to Dad as I type this.. Finished dinner, had a few drinks, waiting for Doctor Who now! Sorry I've not been around, I've temporarily lost access to my e-mail! ;(

Miss you mate, but hope you have a top Japan style Christmas day. We both send love and blessings your way.

Speak soon.
J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home