Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Monday, November 20, 2006

Meet the Parent...



So last week, I had the terrifying prospect of meeting Shiori's dad.

Now, this is a daunting proposition for anyone, even if its meeting someone who is fluent in your own language and cultural idiosyncracies. Let alone trying to form a bond of respect and friendship with someone who doesn't speak your language, you don't speak theirs fluent enough for a conversation.

So, I studied, sweated and worried. I bought him a gift in the hope that this small token would break the ice.

And all seemed to go well.

He is a really nice guy. Funny, relaxed and seems to care deeply for his daughter. I just hope I made a positive impression on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home