Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Saturday, December 09, 2006

One Week Down

So I have officially been working here for one week and so far so good. To be honest I still fill a little displaced and disorentated, but I am sure that will pass as I feel it ebb away bit by bit everyday. Thats not to say I miss my old school, students and especially friends. Moving to a new place is always a challenge and I have begun to think that maybe I am past my prime for so many moves.

All in all, despite the remoteness of Marugame, that makes Saijo looks like Vegas, its been a fairly easy move. My co-workers are a fairly diverse bunch, and I hope to settle into some kind of routine.

Matty, my AT is an Alabama boy and is a nice guy...keeps using the word dude and other Americanism far too much...

Steve is probably the oldest guy I have ever seen at NOVA. Really friendly, although this one doesn't have an obsession with Hitler or the War...so far.

Joe is another American, younger and from Boston. Seems cool

Taryn is the only gal. Aussie, and pretty cool.

The students have been nice too me, although we have far too much Voice for my liking...

As for the guys in Saijo...I MISS YOU!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:31 am, Blogger John Buckley said...

Glad you're settling mate..Must be strange having to reloacte all over again. I Hope the change proves beneficial. Keep your chin up bro..

-J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home