Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Genki Times



So its funny how life can turn upside down in an instant. You order cod and chips but end up with scampi, mushy peas and a can of cola. You go to see Leyton Orient and their endless array of workmanlike heroes and end up at Old Trafford watching Manchester United.

Life can change suddenly. Sometimes for the worst. Sometimes for the best. And it usually happens when you least expect it.

When its for the worst its like you've just developed Gout, IBS, Varicose veins and Alopecia in the space of 10 minutes. Nothing makes sense. Its like your gut has just been pummelled by Giant Haystacks (if you don't know who Giant Haystacks is, please go and ask someone over 28, who remembers when Wrestling was an Saturday afternoon staple on ITV).

Genki is the Japanese word for happy (or something similar). It means you feel good. So as you can guess, some very positive things have happened to me recently.

Firstly, I have finally met someone. YAY!!! She is really special (and I don't want to talk too much about my feelings for her on my blog, just yet, because its personal)and I went to visit her at the weekend. Her name is Shiori, she's 26 and has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. She lives about 2 hours away on Shikoku, and I have to be honest and say that I've never met anyone who could understand me so quickly. We communicate as often as possible, via email and phone, and I am planning to visit her again next week.

Secondly I am now the Kids Co-Ordinator at my branch. YAY #2!!! This means a little more responsibility for me every Month. The Kids at our branch are all really nice (save maybe 2 or 3), and I'm looking forward to giving it my best shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home