Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Crows and falling CD's



During a bike ride on Sunday after work, I decided to take the path down by the river. As I meandered along, taking in the warm evening air, I was eyed suspiciously by a pair of large crows.

As I rode past one of them decided he didn't like me and in true Hitchcock style I was set upon by the flying spawn of Satan. I nearly fell into the river, but managed to see off the bird and avoid a nasty fall.

Talk about the Omen...

This morning around 5pm I was awoken abruptly by a CD cracking me on the head. It had fallen of the shelf on my bed because of a earthquake that lasted about 3 minutes.

It turned out that the quake measured 6.1 on the Richter scale, and at the time I was caught between fear and excitement...

Story below was found on the GET HIROSHIMA WEBSITE and taken from www.Forbes.com

TOKYO (XFN-ASIA) - An earthquake measuring 6.1 in magnitude shook large areas of southwestern Japan, injuring two people, officials said.

The quake occurred at 5.01 am, with its epicenter located 140 kilometers
below the ground near the town of Oita on the island of Kyushu, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

There were no fears of tidal waves, the agency said.

A woman in her 60s was sent to hospital after she was hit on the head in her house in the southern city of Hiroshima. An official with the Hiroshima Fire Department said she is in stable condition.

In the city of Matsuyama on Shikoku island, a junior high school student was injured with a falling object while asleep, an official with the city's fire department said.

Local train services were temporarily suspended as officials inspected for damage. Some hotel elevators came to a halt in Hiroshima, but no one appeared to be trapped, Japan Broadcasting Corp reported.

Japan lies at the junction of four tectonic plates and has about 20 pct of the world's powerful earthquakes, frequently jolting Tokyo and other major cities.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Shudder* Now THAT woulda scared me! Bleedin crows! Freaky! It must be your otherworldly air! (lol) Or perhaps they only attack gaijin! Racist crows!? (lol)

Gl;ad you're ok matey.. Watched the footie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home