Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sakura

Today, I wandered on into Hiroshima city to do two things.

1. Do some shopping. Specifically new t-shirts as the weather here is beginning to change.

2. Find and photograph some Cherry Blossoms, before they all disappear.

I ended up achieving both my aims, and have included some photos for your enjoyment of a particularly vibrant Blossom I found in the Peace Park.

Sakura or Hanami is the time of year when Japanese people get together with friends and families in the many parks and enjoy the beauty of the Blossoms. This includes drinking, singing and barbeques and usually lasts about a week, as the blossoms soon fade.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad weather is getting warmer for you and that you had a great day out. Love the pics matey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home