Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fifty great things about Japan (50-40)



Seeing as I've nearly been here a year, I'd thought it would be fun, to try and compile a list of 50 great things about Japan. This list is mainly compiled from my own experiences, so of course many things will be missing (such as Tokyo and Hokkaido, where I haven't visited yet).

So here are numbers 50 - 40.

50. Baseball

Before I came here, I just thought this was a stupid American sport, but the Japanese love it. From my local team Hiroshima Toya Carp to Hanshin Tigers it's a cool little sport. And hopefully I will be off to watch a game by the end of the month!

49. Chiki Chiki Namba

The first food to make the list. One of my favourite Izakayas in Saijo, Goichia, serve this delicious crispy chicken dish. It's covered in an orange based sauce and is truly amazing with a cold beer.

48. The Hiroshima Tram Service

150 yen one way (thats 75 pence) to travel on a cool street car. 'Nuff said.

47. Uni-Clo

Clothing store, where I have bought much of my clothes from so far in Japan. Cheap, fashionable and good quality. Plus the clothes fit!

46. Iced Coffee

Before I came here, I baulked at the idea of not just a cold cup of coffee, but an actual iced one. Suprisingly refreshing and great in summer.

45. Hanami

Finally got a chance to view Cherry Blossoms this year. Beautiful.

44. Snow

We don't get much snow in my part of England, so I was pleasantly surprised to see so much of it here. Amazing and beautiful.

43. The Giant Traffic Cone

After an all nighter in Hiroshima, myself and some friends we walking back to the station when we came across this massive traffic bollard. It must have been at least 5ft 9inches tall. Fantastic!

42. Ladies handing out tissues

Many companies promote through the use of free tissues. Attractive females usually hand out these freebies on the street. Useful in Winter if you have a cold, and a neccessity in Summer, when you need to wipe the sweat from your brow.

41. Japanese commercials

Sometimes hilarious, sometimes wierd, yet always entertaining.

40. Yakitori

Chicken meat on a stick. Delicious. (However make sure you are eating the meat, not the feet!)

1 Comments:

At 5:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea for a post Justin! We will never forget that cone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home