Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

No Go


Well, it looks like I'll be stuck here in Saijo, after my transfer still seems to be stuck in the proverbial swamp. After a week or so, of chasing Dean (my boss) for an answer of whether I would be able to transfer in November, he finally confirmed to me that I would have to remain here for the time being.
I do love the school. The staff are great, the students (kids and adults) are nice and I have some good friends here, but my heart lies with Shiori, and that is the path I need to follow. It's frustrating because it's not as if I am requesting a transfer to a much sought after area of Japan, but to somewhere similar to where I am now. And we can always do with new teachers.
I try to keep my hopes up and those of Shiori because I know that we are supposed to be together. I just wish the guy or girl who works on transfers in the NOVA offices would pull our his oe her finger and let me move.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up! Send in another after a month and then again after another month otherwise it will be forgoten. Keep reminding them, not too much though, you want to be reminding not anoying. Good luck! (Advise given to me by AT at Hiroshima Honko many moons ago)

Don't forget Senchien Juhachi Kippu's are cheaper than the bus when they are in season. 11500 yen for 5 days unlimited travel (not sequnetial). It takes 4 hours from Saijo to Takamatu by the local. Go to http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
for rail times. But you probably already know this!
Good luck! Don't give up! Ganbatte!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home