Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Friday, September 29, 2006

Latest News


So, as the Japanese air gets progressively cooler and the trees in Northern Japan begin to turn to their Autumnal colours, I begin to look forward to my second Winter season here in Japan.

ONSEN

Last week, I visited Shiori again, and we made a trip into the mountains to visit an onsen, or hot spring. Because Japan is located on many tectonic plates, the natural fissures allow for many springs especially on the island of Kyushu.

However the onsen we visited was part of a hotel, but this didn't distract from the relaxing atmosphere. There were several pools, a hot tub, baths that would use water pressure to massage you and even a pool outside where the water was around 42 degrees.

Before we left, we used the baths our separate male/female areas. Basically for those that don't know, you go into the baths naked (I had my small, and I mean small, towel) sit at separate shower cubicle and clean yourself. Then you go to a large barrel of warm, clean water and using a ladle like cup, rinse yourself. Finally you get into a large warm bath, usually occupied by other men/women and usually old. Luckily for me I had one of the baths to myself....

WORK

We have two new teachers, a couple, who start work tommorrow ( Saturday) . They are American, but lets hope they are better than the Americans I have met here so far...

It's still pretty much the same old with work. I gave up my Voice Co-Ordinator position to Matt, and can now concentrate on Kids...

EARTHQUAKE

We had a minor quake here on Tuesday. About 7am I was woken by the tremor that lasted about 10 seconds and at the epicentre was about a 5. Here it was only a 3, which is just enough to wake you up but nothing more.

MOSQUITOS

I HATE THESE LITTLE SHITS.

1 Comments:

At 6:15 pm, Blogger PA said...

Hey,
I'm enjoying reading your blog of life in Japan. It reminds me of when I first went. And that piano tune on your 'A journey' got stuck in my head ;-)
Hope you continue to enjoy the land of onsen!
おじゃましました。

 

Post a Comment

<< Home