Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sweat and Thunderstorms

The weather here is nasty.

I was going to leave this post with just that sentence, but I thought it's not very informative, so let me explain.

In the appartment the air conditioner is working overtime, as it pumps cooled air into the living/kitchen area. Keeping it at a cool 17 degrees C, this is an oasis of relief from the soup that permeates the rest of the appartment. In my room, sleeping requires having my head postioned horizontally so the the breeze of my fan can cool me down. Having a shower seems pointless too, as a tiny sliver of moisture clings to both skin and hair causing my shirt to be damp when I arrive at work (I've taken to wearing t-shirts underneath).

But it's not just the awful heat and choking humidity...Oh No! In the last 3 weeks we have been privy to 4 or 5 truly apocalyptic thunderstorms. It's like the Horsemen are banging at my door...

I left my futon out today for airing...bad mistake...now I have only the mattress to sleep on....:-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home