Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Thursday, May 04, 2006

A mixed bag




I recieved a great package this week from home (a BIG thanks to Mum and Dad). There is always a little bit of home in everything I get sent from the shores of England. It reminds me that the little things (which contain as much significance as the larger, political and social issues in a way) still continue.

For example, Creme Eggs. Now I know that for those of you in England and reading this across the world who have access to these small chocolate covered pieces of heaven will not understand the delight I had in sinking my teeth into one. But that is one of the things I mean about being in such an alien enviroment; the little things become just as important.

Also this week, well yesterday actually, I recieved word that I will be getting a new flatmate.

Matthew Monaghan, from Australia, will arrive here on the 24th of May.

It will be nice to have a flatmate again, and I just hope he is a nice guy rather than a complete arse.

It is strange thinking that I am one of the "experienced" ones now...

1 Comments:

At 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new flatmate, new company, great! It's fantastic that there's new people joining the school all the time. Hope he's a cool guy that you can have a laugh with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home