Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Japan - a retrospective one year on type thing

So.

Well.

Yes.

Right-o.

I'll get on with this post now. So I've been here nearly one year, and despite being stuck in the Capra-san version of Japan (for those of you who don't get this, 1. shame on you and 2. go check out some Frank Capra, namely Mr Smith goes to Washington, Its a wonderful life and The Philadelphia Story)) for this time, I have come to realise that there may be 4 stages of life here.

1. What the F@*#? stage

Weird symbols are everywhere. The food is strange. People look at you funny. I know this sounds like life after a good ole Satruday night out, but this is Japan, your first 2 months in. SERIOUSLY.

Everything is Alien. Not in a H.R. Giger type way, but in a waking up after too much JD in a strange town type way.

Everything seems smaller.

You are afraid to eat anything in case it contains raw poisonous puffa fish (unaware how expensive this is and there is NO WAY this could be in your Cup Noodle).

People look at you like you have two heads and a pimple the size of Bradford.

It gets better though...

2. HOLY SHIT! I AM IN JAPAN AND IM LOVIN IT stage

Comfort and the familiar begins to set in.

Eating raw Octopus is another new adventure.

You've discovered the delights of Karaoke!

Japanese women look hot...all the time.

3. I miss my home country....the bad weather, rude people, ugly large nosed women and shit food stage

This stage usually happens after an excursion home. Everything you tried to escape from seems like gold dust now.

Even that fat ugly girl you kissed once...

Eww!

4. Jeez! I'm glad I had the balls to stay on stage.

My current way of thinking...seeing as I've just moved into this, I cannot make an honest comment! hahahahaha

1 Comments:

At 9:01 am, Blogger ramen_lover said...

Hi Justin..I've fixed your link on my blog..ooops.
Ah yes...I went through simillar stages, there was even a point where I was going to pack it all in. I'm glad I didn't or I wouldn't have my lovely lady. I guess that was my Jeez I'm glad I had the balls to stay on stage....he he he. I hope yours is equally rewarding.
But being back here at home I crave to be back in Japan, maybe I'm a little odd?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home