Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Monday, March 20, 2006

A Busy Weekend



This weekend, has seen a healthy consumption of the above due to two nights out.

Saturday night was Suzette's 25th Birthday, so we went to Gochia (one of my favourite izakaya's). The food here is really nice, however I burnt the inside of my mouth on "The Potato Man ". Derrick, Evan and I, got together and bought her a nice watch, although and I don't know if she is one of those people, she seemed a little blase and ungrateful about it. She never said thank you either, now I think about it...

Derrick mentioned to me on the same evening that he'd noticed since he left that the girls were becoming more and more distant from the rest of the office. It might be to do with the fact they are leaving in the near future, or something else, but it is kind of sad. Personally, I just wish they would leave. Jen has a massive superiority complex and Suzette is really ignorant of this culture.

Anyway, last night, us guys had to pay our bowling dues. So the two girls, Yukiko and Yuka, and the four lads went to Gyu Kaku, a Yaki Niku resturant.I'm not usually a big fan of meat, but it was absolutley fantastic food. Me and Evan, were trying to start a fire on our oven by putting fatty meat on it. If you don't remember, Yaki Niku is a Korean style of cooking, where raw meat and vegetables are bought to you, and you cook them to your wishes on a kind of small circular barbeque.

My favourite thing here though was "Babimba ". No it's not a Latin American dance, but a mixed dish of egg, rice and vegetables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home