Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

WHAT!!!!????? A new post!!!

Again apologies for not being overly productive with this blog, but things have been fairly quiet around here. Also, I still have no photo's from the Sake festival but I am promising (and you can hold me to that) they will be up at some point in the next 4 months.

Ah, my week... What has that involved ? Well, firstly the weather has taken a sudden turn, and there is a definate chill in the air. It is especially cold at night, and this has led to us cracking out the two bar heaters in our appartment. Poor Suzette, comes into work wrapped up in hat,scarf and gloves, as her sun-soaked Californian skin is unused to the slightest chill. I don't know how she is going to make it through the winter. Hey Ho, plenty of hugs for me, I think...Ha Ha Ha....

Things are going well on that front, if slowly. Jen was away at the weekend to visit her friend in Fukuoka, so I went round with a video, and we sat on the sofa, under a duvet watching a movie, eating etamame (kind like peas in a pod)...t'was very nice. (wink wink)...

Had my stitches out yesterday. My first bill was 18,144 yen which equates to about 90 pounds, so I was pleased to see that I only had to pay 1,000 yen (5 quid) yesterday. I have tried to claim the money back through my insurance as it's a wopping sum...I have a wierd chin goatee at the moment, as it was impossible to shave. I look like a reject from an early 90's grunge band, so I can't wait to shave it off.

Final note - Our new toaster oven turned up today... and it's pristine! The other one took 7 minutes to brown a piece of toast and was dirty and burnt, despite my best efforts to clean it.

1 Comments:

At 7:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not the old toaster oven!!! Ah...the memories...they will live long inside me forever. Give it a good burial.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home