Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Gomenasai! So here is an extra long post especially for you!



I know.

It`s been a little while since my last post, and this has been largely due to technical difficulties (namely lack of access to my blog!!!). I have felt strangely disconnected, not being able to peruse the net for news, update my blog, or check out the latest movies and music. In fact I am posting this from the regular internet cafe in Takamatsu on my day off. Apparently I can send my laptop home to get fixed but I don`t know how long that will take...

Firstly, Happy Valentines to all you loved up puppies. Shiori made me a "special" Bento (lunchbox) for work that day. I was surprised to find inside heart shaped carrots and a heart shaped hamburger! She`s such a lovely girl and despite the obvious niggles and arguments that couples have when they live together, I do love her....(pass the sick bags I hear all cynical single people say).

We have a busy month. This Sunday we are off to Tottori which is on the Japan Sea side of mainland Japan for a crab dinner, then on Wednesday we fly off for 4 days of fun in Tokyo. 2 days in Disney and 2 days in the sprawl of Tokyo and Yokohama. On the 3rd of March we are off to Kobe to meet Shiori`s aunt and then I am hoping to meet up with Evan for another musical extravaganza in Osaka, later that week.

PHEW!

I`ll let you know how that all goes if I ever get access to a PC!

Work wise, I have an informal interview (if there is any such thing) with my AAM on Saturday regarding the AT position at the Marugame branch. I know I haven`t been there that long so I was surprised when my current AT, Matt, asked me if I was interested. It would be a lot of extra responsibility and I hope if I get the position I would be able to handle it....

On Sunday, I was called in early due to the absence of 3 teachers with sickness. Not feeling well myself last week meant it was difficult, but not as painful as I`d imagined when I found out that only 2 teachers were working!!!!

I have also made a concerted effort to learn more Japanese and am trying to learn something everyday no matter how small. I am not fluent but at least now I can say "What is the book about" - Kore wa nan no hon desu ka?.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home