Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Kyoto part three - Lunch and Higashi Hongan Ji

After wandering around Kinkaku-Ji, I was starting to feel the hunger. I mean there is only so much you can do on a Starbucks doughnut. I travelled back to the train station and found a plethora (what a cool word...) of cafes, and resturants underneath the station like some kind of Hades for the hungry...

Anyway I decided on Ramen (noodles, meat, onions in a kind of meat broth) and found a decent looking and busy shop. I have a small problem with normal Ramen over here. It's not that I don't find it delicious, but that the main ingredient is pork. It seems to move through me faster than a dose of salts thats covered in All Bran. I think you get the idea...and the toilet always seems to get it too...So I was pleased to find that the resturant did a chicken equivalent...and it was tasty.

After lunch I made a short trip to Higashi Hogan Ji, and sat at the top of the steps contemplating. Well and letting my big bowl of Ramen settle in my stomach...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home