Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Friday, May 26, 2006

Flatmates



The last few days have seen my quiet solitary existance disrupted by the arrival of two new tennants into Curail Watannabe. 5 months is a fair time to spend in ones own company. Cooking whenever I felt like it. Showering whenever I felt like it. Playing my music as loud as I liked (off course neighbourly concerns are noted here).

So I have been fairly apprehensive about the arrival of Matt (permanent teacher from Sydney) and Mark (help teacher from Tottori, also originally from Sydney). What would they be like ? Would they be chest beating World War 2 obsessed loons with a secret craving for Hitler like Steve ? Or maybe geeky, ain't got a clue fish out of water types like Jason ? What would I be like as a flatmate again ?

Myself and Evan were pretty similar and this worked to our advantage. We also have become friends, so I was and still am trying to not to make comparisons.

So lets be honest...

They are both great!

Matt is older (37), a little more reserved and stoic but seems like a sound guy. I think he will settle in well, although it's a brand new bag for me!

Mark and I get on well. We've similar interests and find the same things funny. We are about the same age with similar personalities.

Its making this a lot easier on me...although the seductive call of Jason's soon-to-be empty appartment is calling...

Ha Ha Ha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home