Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Where does the time go ?

I arrived in Japan around the first of June.

It's now the second of November.

June. July. August. September. October.

5 months, in which my life has changed in so many ways. The different culture, language and people. Experiences I couldn't have dreamed of. Some of the best food on the planet (and no, its not all fish). Karaoke. Having stitches in my face. Making some great friends. Learning from my students in a way, so rich and fufilling, it is strange that I am the teacher. Having an all-nighter in Hiroshima. Sake festival. Kyoto. Suzette x. Having a great flatmate (Evan!!!).

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you. Life here is good, no, great. It will be sad when the time comes to leave, but when it happens I know that Japan has grabbed a piece of my heart like no place on earth. Maybe my life will lead me to other corners of this world, I just don't know.

But a part of me will always lie in a place I thought I hated.

My hometown.

I guess, the old proverb, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is true. It's not that I am homesick, or that I wish to live in Weston, but (as when I lived in London), I miss certain things about that parochial little town.

But I wouldn't swap where I am now, both physically and emotionally, for all the tea in China.

I hope that those of you who read my blog (and a BIG THANKS to all who do), have found the entries from June, interesting, exciting, funny, tragic, touching or whatever emotion that they resonate with, and that you will continue to read The Great Japanese Adventure.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!!! (2nd of November)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home