Click for Takamatsu Airport, Japan Forecast Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Friday, February 04, 2005

I-Pod it!!!!

It's late and I the news that I'll be working in Japan in June just hasn't really sunk in yet. Perhaps it won't until nearer the time, like the first rays of sun coming up over the brow of the hill.....

In the meantime, I thank the good lord and the genius of Steve Jobs for my 20GB I-Pod. This tiny device is gonna be my best friend for a while in the Land of the Rising Sun, so the tunes I cram into it's memory are going to have serve my every mood. I have already been busy digitising my huge collection of albums, making them kind of obsolete and redundant in a strangely heartbreaking way. I love the concept of CD's. Just as the LP was a massive part of earlier generations, the the CD is to me. Perhaps I'll always remain with this slightly luddite ideology, but I love the tactile and emotional thrill of buying a new CD, and the anticipation of getting home for the first listen.

Anyhow, my little I-Pod, is my Musical buddy, and will be for the best part of 12 months. Athlete, Avril Lavigne, Bloc Party, Coldplay to name few have filled up it's digital innards. I love you I-Pod....Keep me sane....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home